- 1 medium to large butternut squash (or any winter squash – about 4 cups) peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 large, cooking apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated cinnamon
- 1/2 cup The Big O ginger liqueur
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
Place the cubed squash and apples in a small casserole. Sprinkle with The Big O, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Divide the butter into pieces and distribute over the top of the squash. Cover casserole and place into oven. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the squash is tender, removing the cover during the last 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken (Do not allow to burn, however).
Note: You may substitute or add sweet potatoes and/or carrots to this recipe for variety.